Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Our Views On Life...

Hello Readers!

Have you ever wondered how some people have the happiest lives!?
This morning I was reminded of a good lesion I learned from my good friend Paul H. Jenkins, Ph.D.
Through out our lives, we are given situations, and choices. It might be, choosing between going to the gym, who we are going to call, or all the way up to the hard choices in life. The Great Thing Is We Get To Make Choices! Sometimes we don't notice, but our attitude and our outlook on life is a choice. All though some of us have hard things to deal with, we still get to choose how we look at the situation. One thing I have learned is, that with every situation there is a POSITIVE, and also a NEGATIVE side. It dose not matter on the situation, it is a a fact of life. Its like a packaged deal!

Just like this package has two choices, we also have two choices. Our Choices are to be a VICTIM, or an AGENT. Victims are people who only look at the negative side of there package that is presented to them. Victims also put blame on others for there misfortunes. "Because ( fill in the blank) I have to deal with this!", or "If it where not for (blank) I would not feel this way." "(You) make me mad." On the other hand an Agent is always actively looking for the positive side of each situation, and not putting blame on others for there feelings, or there current situation's.

The Fact of the matter is, we are always in total control of our; feelings, emotions, actions, and ultimately our Lives! What a beautiful thing this is! Although it dose take more time, and energy to actively be looking for the good, and not blaming others. But also along with it, it frees us!

I like to picture it like this. We all have our filters, or lenses we see life through. Someones might be curved, another's might be more rounded. But depending on witch lens, we chose to see life through will determined our happiness.

I am sure that throughout our lives, we have all come into contact with, or even have friends or family that are either both Victims, and Agents. I hope this Blog has helped give you a paradigm shift, and started you out on a new life! A life of happiness in witch you choose to be an Agent , and ACT on like, not let life ACT on you.

So I hope when you get a situation, or a tough package in your life, you pause and actively thing, "Am I going to choose to be a Victim, or an Agent?" And take control of your life!

Thanks again to my good friend Paul H. Jenkins, Ph.D.


God Bless! and go be an Agent!!!



sam

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow